STEELPORT Knife Co.
Position Title: Production Specialist/Lead
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
STEELPORT Knife Co. is a small team dedicated to producing the most trusted kitchen knives available. We are reintroducing American-forged carbon steel cutlery. Our work combines premium materials, traditional forging technique, and American heirloom craftsmanship. We manufacture and sharpen each knife by hand in Portland, Oregon. We deliver trusted performance, exceptional design, and handcrafted individuality through rigorous attention to detail. Our customers go out of their way to use products that mirror their own work ethic and aesthetic.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated professional with relevant expertise to join our Production team. The ideal candidate is passionate about making high quality products and is excited about delighting customers, an excellent problem solver, and self-directed.
This is a terrific opportunity to join a small but highly motivated, growing team. We’re part of the return of quality American manufacturing as we craft products that improve the daily lives of our customers. The environment is supportive of individuals who desire rapid learning and growth while contributing to handcrafted production.
This role will have responsibilities directly associated with delivering on the company’s Production goals. Specific responsibilities include:
- Organizing and prioritizing daily build plans
- Using light industrial equipment to shape and complete products
- Continuous improvements of processes from processing steel blades after forging as well as wood handles to sharpening and finishing the completed knives
- Collaborating across other departments to deliver complete timely products
- Experience with light industrial equipment (sanders, Grinders, etc.)
- Technical background and experience in metalworking and/or woodworking
- Experience in Manufacturing and Production environment
- Skills to maintain and improve on fixtures and production
- Attention to detail and care for quality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Can work independently
- Knife making experience
- Process documentation; Software office tools (MS Office, Google Suite)
- Experience leading teams and production development
- Understand supply chain and ability to plan as well as interface with vendors