The chef knife is the most important tool in your knife kit, used for 90% + of kitchen tasks. If one were to only own a single knife – this should be it.
Nothing in the knife world can compete with a properly forged carbon steel blade.
Keep your edge protected with a custom fitted STEELPORT 8″ Knife Oregon Maple Sheath, featuring an internal recessed magnet along the spine.
Carbon Steel is for those who take pride in keeping their tools at peak performance through basic maintenance. High Carbon Steel knives like STEELPORT are not stain or rust resistant. Day to day, it is as simple as remembering to hand wash and dry after each use.
- Contoured Oregon Big Leaf Maple burl handle
- Half octagonal top handle shape with smooth rounded base
- Integral end cap with engraved STEELPORT logo
- “Sheepsfoot” blade tip shape
- Distinctive visible Temper Line
- Proprietary differential heat treatment to 65 HRC hardness at blade for edge retention and sharpening while maintaining durability at less than 30 HRC along spine
- Integral bolster with a smooth transition to polished spine for a comfortable “pinch grip“ hold
- Full tang construct for ideal balance and added strength
- Tall 2” blade at handle allows for plenty of hand clearance
- Drop hammer forged from a single round billet
- Traditional high performance 52100 Carbon Steel
- All materials ethically sourced in the USA
- Manufactured and hand sharpened in Portland, Ore.
Steelport Knife Co. 8” Chef Knife
Natural Wood Handle
Locally sourced Oregon Big Leaf Maple Burl, stabilized with resin to meet tough kitchen requirements and prevent shrinking or swelling.
Contoured Bolster with Hand Polished Edges
Smooth transition from bolster to handle for comfort and support of proper pinch grip hold.
Differential heat treatment maintains a softer spine for overall durability.
65 HRC Hardness
Proprietary heat treatment and Cryo process results in a fine grained wear-resistant blade with exceptional sharpness and hardness without becoming brittle.
Forged Full Tang
Solid one-piece construction from blade tip to end cap for a well balanced and longer lasting knife.
“Using ethically sourced materials from the United States, this chef’s knife is a work of art.”
“The Best Made-in-USA Kitchen Knife: STEELPORT Chef Knife.”
“This new American-made Chef’s Knife will become the most versatile blade in your kitchen.”
“American-forged carbon steel cutlery handcrafted right here in Portland.”
“I love the STEELPORT knife! I use it every day, the great balance and feel definitely makes the cut!”
– Aaron Franklin, Owner of Franklin Barbecue in Austin, Texas.
“After using and sharpening these I have to say they have the best of both worlds of soft and hard treatments of 52100.”
– Josh Donald, Owner of Bernal Cutlery SF
“To me a knife is a tool. It has been a good minute since I put a knife in my hand and it has given me pause. STEELPORT knives are simply stunning, the second you see it or use it you know that this knife is special. I Intend on using this tool for a very long time with much joy.”
– Elias Cairo, Co-Owner/Salumist of Olympia Provisions
“It’s my go-to at-home knife now. Keeps a solid edge over time and is pretty damn indestructible. Would definitely recommend for those at a home level or pro.”
– Eric Rivera, Chef/Owner of ADDO in Seattle
“This knife is not only my favorite knife, it quickly became one of the most treasured items in my kitchen. The details are just impeccable, and it’s so light and responsive… Like a Bentley of knives.”
– Mike Thelin, Founder of Feast Portland
“Feel how amazingly balanced and well crafted this carbon steel knife is. It will definitely become an heirloom tool that you will use daily for a life time.”
– Carey Schleicher-Haselhorst, Owner of Cord
“I own a beautiful collection of carbon steel knives, but nothing as gorgeous as this American-forged, full tang carbon steel knife from STEELPORT, located in Portland, Oregon.”
– Jeffrey B. Rodgers, @TheCulinaryFanatic
“It’s made with all US materials and crafted right here in Portland by Eytan and his team. This 8″ chef knife is incredibly well balanced — razor sharp with none of the fuss and holds its edge for what seems like forever. This knife is everything.”
– Bonnie Morales, Chef/Owner of Kachka
“I’m loving this carbon steel chef’s knife from STEELPORT Knife Co. – super balance, killer edge, plus the handle (Oregon maple) is cool… It’s a joy to use.”
– Ray Isle, Executive Wine Editor of Food & Wine Magazine
“Using a Steelport feels like it was made by someone with so much experience and passion for the art of knives, because it was. Everything about it feels right, and knowing where it comes from feels even better.”
– Doug Adams, TopChef Season 12 Finalist
“Not only for its functionality and design but because it’s made by hand in Portland, Oregon. This knife would make a perfect Father’s Day gift for the man who loves to cook and appreciates the finer things in life. A great knife is an essential part of every kitchen.”
– Melissa Reome, @GrillMomma
“I haven’t picked up another chefs knife since I got my STEELPORT”
– Karl Holl, Founder of Forager Goods & Co and Culinary Director of Smith Teamaker
STEELPORT Knife Co. is a small team dedicated to producing the finest trusted kitchen knives available. Our work combines premium materials, traditional forging technique, and American heirloom craftsmanship.
Founded by Bladesmith Eytan Zias and a highly specialized group of individuals, STEELPORT brings modern American innovation to traditional forging methods and materials.