$65.00 – $445.00
The chef knife is the most important tool in your knife kit, used for 90% + of kitchen tasks. If one were to only own a single knife – this should be it.
Nothing in the knife world can compete with a properly forged carbon steel blade.
Keep your edge protected with a custom fitted STEELPORT 8″ Knife Oregon Maple Sheath, featuring an internal recessed magnet along the spine.
- Contoured Oregon Big Leaf Maple burl handle
- Half octagonal top handle shape with smooth rounded base
- Integral end cap with engraved STEELPORT logo
- “Sheepsfoot” blade tip shape
- Distinctive visible Temper Line
- Proprietary differential heat treatment to 65 HRC hardness at blade for edge retention and sharpening while maintaining durability at less than 40 HRC along spine
- Integral bolster with a smooth transition to polished spine for a comfortable “pinch grip“ hold
- Full tang construct for ideal balance and added strength
- Tall 2” blade at handle allows for plenty of hand clearance
- Drop hammer forged from a single round billet
- Traditional high performance 52100 Carbon Steel
- All materials ethically sourced in the USA
- Manufactured and hand sharpened in Portland, Ore.
Steelport Knife Co. 8” Chef Knife
Natural Wood Handle
Locally sourced Oregon Big Leaf Maple Burl, stabilized with resin to meet tough kitchen requirements and prevent shrinking or swelling.
Contoured Bolster with Hand Polished Edges
Smooth transition from bolster to handle for comfort and support of proper pinch grip hold.
Differential heat treatment maintains a softer spine for overall durability.
65 HRC Hardness
Proprietary heat treatment and Cryo process results in a fine grained wear-resistant blade with exceptional sharpness and hardness without becoming brittle.
Forged Full Tang
Solid one-piece construction from blade tip to end cap for a well balanced and longer lasting knife.
“It’s a full-tang knife with 65 HRC carbon steel, which means it’s extra sharp and durable. The knife’s design is meant to encourage a pinch grip, the best way to hold a knife. As a sign of respect to the state it’s made in, the handle is made of Oregon bigleaf maple.”
“This New American-Made Chef’s Knife Will Become the Most Versatile Blade in Your Kitchen…The 8-inch blade from STEELPORT has become a star in our culinary editor’s kitchen.”
“15 Gifts for Dad—with a Touch of Portland…The bladesmiths at the recently launched Steelport promise American-forged carbon steel cutlery handcrafted right here in Portland. The flagship 8-inch chef knife (with optional maple sheath), released in March, features a forged full tang, carbon steel, hand-polished edges, and an Oregon big-leaf maple handle. That’s some big dad energy right there”
STEELPORT Knife Co. is a small team dedicated to producing the finest trusted kitchen knives available. Our work combines premium materials, traditional forging technique, and American heirloom craftsmanship.
Founded by Bladesmith Eytan Zias and a highly specialized group of individuals, STEELPORT brings modern American innovation to traditional forging methods and materials.Learn More